Information Collection and Use
Grosh collects and uses your information below to provide you and others with an improved shopping experience.
- Information Collected Upon Registration: When you create an account, you provide some personal information, such as your name, language, country, email, and password. Your name and country is listed publicly in the app, for example in search results.
- We will use the email address to send you introduction mails over the first month. You may also unsubscribe to these mails at any time.
- If you email us, we may keep your message, email address and contact information to respond to your request. If you connect your Grosh account to your account on another service in order to cross-post between Grosh and that service, the other service may send us your registration or profile information on that service and other information that you authorize. This information enables cross-posting.
- Following, Followers: Grosh is designed to help you share information with other users. Our default is almost always to make the information you provide public for as long as you do not delete it from Grosh, but we generally give you settings to make the information more private if you want. Your public information is broadly and instantly disseminated. When you share information or content like photos via Grosh, you should think carefully about what you are making public.
- Location Information: Grosh detects your location when starting / resuming in order to detect if you’re at a location where others have registered purchases. We may use and store your location to provide features of Grosh, such as determine the layout of the store and sort the shopping list accordingly or adapt the banner display to your location.
- Log Data: Our servers automatically record information (“Log Data”) created by your use of Grosh. Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, search terms, and cookie information. We receive Log Data when you interact with Grosh, for example, when you visit our website or interact with the Grosh app. Grosh uses Log Data to provide our services and to measure, customize, and improve them. If not already done earlier, we will either delete Log Data or remove any common account identifiers, such as your username, full IP address, or email address, after 6 months.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
When adding recipes to Grosh, they will by default become public and thus available to other users. You may restrict visibility of recipes by actively marking them as private.
Grosh never posts content to your Facebook account or other social networks automatically. Any sharing on Facebook or other social networks outside Grosh only happens when you actively request the posting to happen.
Grosh will not give any third party access to collected information unless in anonymised or aggregated form, see our Terms of Service – section Data Management.
Effective May 24, 2018