The new Pebble Round is the first smart-watch with a form factor appealing to both sexes. And now there’s a grocery shopping app optimized for it! With Grosh for Pebble version 1.1, we’ve also incorporated a lot of other user wishes too.
Small but practical device
Admitted, a smart-phone screen is not large enough to give you a good overview of your grocery list. However, when using Grosh to swipe groceries off your list, the system becomes better and better at finding the order of items in your favourite stores. This means that Grosh for Pebble can sort the list on your wrist in the order items appear in the store, so the screen size becomes less of an issue. So if you have a small or medium sized list, shopping using your smart-watch works great! And of course, keeping your hands free when you’re shopping speeds up the proces – and minimises the risk of dropping your phone!
If there are more stores nearby, Pebble will ask you what store you’re in so the sorting is correct. In the updated version, your favourite stores are at the top of the list to make the selection simpler 🙂
Support for Pebble Time Round
We’ve extend the support to now cover the latest Pebble model, the super thin and lightweight Pebble Time Round version. We know that we’ve got roughly the same number of men and women using Grosh, so supporting this unisex model has been important to us and requested by many users.
Note to self
Another feature high on the user request list has been to incorporate dictation using the microphone on the Pebble Time series of watches. Just long press on the grocery list to initiate dictation in the language chosen in the Pebble app. We’ve also included recognition of quantities for the 14 languages supported by Grosh, try to dictate “two milk” and see “2x milk” appear on the grocery list. The dictation works really well and lets to easily add items right from your wrist 🙂
On user request we’ve also changed the colour scheme. It’s now black background and white text to increase readability. Highlight is orange on colour screens and inverted on black/white screens. We’ve also optimized speed of the app.
So all in all, a lot of improvements on the core features in Grosh for Pebble. Keep your comments coming, we go for the requests with most “votes”.
The Grosh Team
PS Do you have a Pebble Time or Pebble Round? Then do this to get started:
- Download the normal Grosh app on your phone (iOS, Android or web version) to get a FREE account that your watch app can connect to. Use the normal Grosh app to update and share your list before shopping.
- Download Grosh for Pebble
- Enter your Grosh account credentials by hitting the settings icon next to Grosh in your list of Pebble watch apps
- Launch Grosh for Pebble – and select one of your lists. Grosh checks for previous purchases at your geolocation and based on that your list may be sorted
- Click the select button to mark items as purchased. Grosh for Pebble checks your list for updates every time you do this, so you will know if your spouse or partner added something to the list after you left home.
- Long press select button to bring up context menu, allowing you to add an item via dictation and change the quantity (set to zero to delete item)