Grosh 4.7 launches today and has various safety and stability improvements, e.g. the grocery app now has improved offline mode, and you can now validate your email, which ensures password reset will always work.
In some circumstances, the app would previously log out if there was a bad network connection. Now the app always starts up in offline-mode using cached data instead.
There’s also faster auto sync interval (now 2 seconds), which reduces the chance that you have unsynced data when closing the app.
Over time we’ve seen that some users cannot reset their account password (cannot get a mail with password reset link). This is because they by mistake have misspelled the email and the system had no way of knowing this.
From now on, a warning is shown under your email address on the Settings page if your email has not been validated. Tap the resend validation email button to receive an email with a link that lets you confirm your email. Restart the app and the warning should be gone on the Settings page.
If you later on change your email, the warning will reappear and let you send another email with confirmation link.
Apple Watch update (iOS only)
Apple watch now automatically logs in, just login to the phone app, start the watch app and after a few seconds your credentials are synced over to the watch without you having to do anything. Previously you had to login via the force touch menu on the watch.
- Info page links to various Grosh clients (smart speakers, smart watches, chome browser plugin etc) and our social media pages
- Item details now shows “important” marking (if set on item), previously the important marking was only visible for an item on the list
- Push notification will not update icon counter, if you turned it off (iOS only)
- Siri will now ignore list name by default (you had to toggle off and on before, iOS only)
- Now prompts correctly for location access upon first buy (instead of showing an error message)
- And many more fixes
The Grosh Team
PS If you run into any problems or have questions about Grosh, you can always send a message to support at groshapp.com
PPS Aug 29, we published a minor update Grosh 4.7.1 that fixes a crash for select category on some Android phones, and missing premium screen texts.