Ever wondered how much time you spend grocery shopping? Or what you buy the most? Grosh – the innovative shopping app – tries to do more than other shopping apps. From Grosh version 2.1, it provides you with shopping insights that makes you understand your shopping habits and help you become a more efficient shopper.
Shopping insights with Grosh
Grosh is really the only shopping app with intention to do more than just show you a list of exactly the same items you’ve entered. Grosh uses a data driven approach to provide you with shopping insights that will make you a more efficient shopper – check out our separate blog post on data driven apps.
Previously, this has subtly been shown here and there in the app, e.g. under shopping suggestions. We’ve now changing this to make it more clear what distinguishes Grosh from other shopping apps. The first step in this direction is to bring you some shopping insights:
- See how much you’ve shopped this and previous months. You can also see how much time you spent – and derived from this: How your performance – defined items per minute – is doing. Check out what your performance is against your partner or friends!
- See what your most frequently bought items are – and easily swipe items to your shopping list. Maybe you have unhealthy habits – this list will make this apparent!
- Which stores you buy the most items – the list is used to optimize store selection lists throughout the app. If will also make it apparent if you shop in many different stores. This could potentially cost you extra time shopping – remember, time is money too!
Other changes in Grosh
Apart from the shopping insights feature, we’ve improved Grosh in the following areas
- Hide stores on the global list of stores: Grosh crowdsources store names and locations in almost 40 countries. This makes the system better and better for new users, but at the same time the list of store is likely to include more stores than you need. We’re now adding a way to tailor your store list. Under settings, the full list of stores is now shown and you can choose to hide stores you never use.
- Introducing meal plans: To help you organise your shopping, we’ve added meal plans as a Premium feature in Grosh – see the separate blog post on this.
- Performance: The app starts faster, changes list faster, and especially swiping items is now much faster 🙂
- Various small improvements and bugfixes: Item entry is faster as item matching is smarter. Stock list replenish now remembers the last shopping list. Better handling of barcodes scanning. And much more.
We’re currently looking into Apple Watch support and refining grocery categories. If there’s something else you’re missing, let us know 🙂
The Grosh Team