Grosh, the intelligent shopping app, now starts to attract attention. Previously the beauty of Grosh was hidden under the skin. Based on inputs from our users, we’ve improved the entire user experience in the new version of Grosh – and it now also looks as great as it works. Read all about Grosh version 3 below.
New improved user experience
- More images everywhere in the app, e.g. check out the all new recipes and inspiration screens
- New colour scheme – we’ve toned down the use of orange throughout the app and the header is now transparent to let you see content you’ve scrolled past
- More compact screens – there’s more content in the screens, reducing the need to click to see further details
- Tabs on the shopping list now makes it easier to check the intelligent suggestions for your list
- There used to be a + in the header to add items, we now use a floating +. Instead we show a ? in the header on all pages to provide easy access to help.
- Improved stock lists (premium)
- Checks if you have other variants of a grocery before asking you to renew your stock. For example, if you scan the barcode of a corn flakes package when removing it from stock, the app does not suggest you buy corn flakes, if you still have any other corn flakes (any brand or package size) on stock
- Simpler sharing of lists and recipes
- You can now search by name or email when sharing to existing Grosh users
- You can copy recipe link to clipboard for sharing on other media than email
- Improved price crowdsourcing
- Scan button lets you find prices for an item by barcode
- Faster price collection, “Skip price” makes it easy to skip registering price if you don’t know the price for an item you’re asked to collect
- Grosh team messages
- We can now send you a message that appears in the footer of the app – eg important system information or just product update news. Once you’ve tapped a message, it disappears – but can be seen again from Menu-Information
- Grocery details screen got smarter
- The name field now shows all grocery variant information (eg after scanning a barcode, the grocery and brand will be shown). If you tap the field to edit, it expands automatically into separate fields for grocery name, brand etc.
- You can now create a Grosh account or login using Facebook*
- As part of our changed login mechanism, iOS users are required to login again when upgrading to Grosh 3.0
- New or improved Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, German, French, Ukrainian, and Russian translations
- Easier to change user interface language, as user selection of language now overrides phone setting for language
- Right swipe on history keeps variant info when adding item to list again
- Simplified settings screen
- Follows screen lets you invite new users to join Grosh, now easily accessible from menu
- Grocery details screen no longer commits changes every time you leave a field, this speeds up editing
- And then, we’ve also fixed a bunch of bugs.
The Grosh Team
*) We use Facebook login for authentication and don’t ask permission to see your friends nor post anything on your behalf. Facebook login only works if your Grosh account email matches the email reported by Facebook. If you create a new account with Facebook, it will – but as you already have an account, it might not work for you (unless you change the email in Grosh to match the one in Facebook, or vice versa).