We’re happy to see an increasing share of Premium subscribers for the Grosh grocery app. In fact, we have not heard about any app with the free-premium conversion rate that we see. This makes us happy and lets us continue development and to pay our bills 🙂 As thanks, we’ve decided to give a new feature exclusively to our Premium subscribers. Read all about the live update feature introduced in the new Grosh version 4.6 🙂
Switch on live update
If you’re a Premium user, you can turn on “Live update” under Settings. This keeps your list up-to-date even when your app is closed. You will also get a push message if your partner has started shopping at a store, even when the app is closed.
List always up to date
This means your list will be up-to-date when starting the app. This is great if you start the app at a location without network coverage, e.g. an underground grocery store. No problem, as the app has cashed the latest changes up to the point you went offline.
App icon always up to date (iOS only)
In the standard version, you can see the number of items on the list. With live update, the icon count also updates when the app is in the background. This part of the new feature is only available on iOS.
If you shop together with your partner, the list updates itself automatically when your partner buys something. Or when changing eg an amount, deleting etc. Open up two phones and you can see the magic. You need to have “Live update” enabled on the phone that should receive the update, of course.
- Easy entry of invite code straight from intro screen
- If you invite collaborators to a list, they can download the app and enter the invite code straight from the last intro screen by tapping the “Got an invitation?” button.
- Looking for support?
- Send a message to the development team directly from the app
- Tap Menu-Information-Other and hit the Send Message button
- As before, premium users get prioritized and will receive faster response
- Updated in-app purchase
- A few premium users have seen a crash after restoring an in-app purchase.
- Our beta testers that have seen this issue report it is no longer a problem.
- And then we fixed a bunch of other minor bugs
The Grosh Team
PS If you run into any problems or have questions about Grosh, you can always send a message to support at groshapp.com – or tap Menu-Information-Other and hit the Send Message button